Friday, September 17, 2010

september 16, 1982

September 16, 1982 is a very important day in our house because it was the day that my sweet husband was born. I think that I can officially declare September 16 one of my top 3 favorite days of the year {right up there with Christmas and Micah's birthday}. I am so thankful for Christopher Charles Field, and he truly blesses me every single day. I am thankful that our paths crossed 10 years ago and that God worked some amazing transformation in both of our lives. I cannot imagine what my world would be like without Chris in it, but I can be sure that it would not be as colorful!!! So, in honor of my hubby's 28th birthday, here are 28 things that I love about him.

1. His love for the Lord. This is of utmost importance to me, and I am thankful to have a life partner who is passionate about God.
2. His ability to make me laugh. He is seriously hilarious, and as anyone who has been around him much can attest to, he can definitely get on a roll!
3. His passion for the least of these in our world.
4. His ability to connect with anyone, anywhere, at anytime. That is truly a gift of his, and I love seeing him in action, making people feel important.
5. The way he works so hard to provide for our family. He always makes sure we have what we need.
6. His money sense. I never have to worry about bills getting paid or running out of money because he is the king of budgeting!
7. His excitement when he gets a new idea that he thinks will be great. He will talk about it and work on it for days on end.
8. His commitment to Mercy Project, even if it means working long hours or traveling for weeks by himself. It's not about him or his pride or glory but about bringing glory to God.
9. His willingness to follow the Lord's calling on His life.
10. The way he still cries almost every time he talks about the children in slavery on Lake Volta in Ghana. He has such a tender heart for the children there.
11. The way he still gives me butterflies 10 years after I first had a crush on him.
12. His love for justice and mercy and being a person who brings that everywhere he goes.
13. His love for his family and my family.
14. His spiritual leadership.
{birthday kisses for Daddy}
15. The way he works hard to keep up with friends and relationships that encourage and spur him on in the Lord.
16. The way he ALWAYS loves to sing. That's always been one of our very favorite things to do together.
17. His love for Micah. It's truly incredible to watch the ones you love fall more in love with each other every day.
18. His ability to bathe Micah, and wash her hair, without her ever crying. She screams every time I do it! I still don't know how he manages this.
19. His desire to be healthy and encourage those around him to do the same. He is always offering to help people with a running program or offer nutritional info.
20. The way he serves me in any way he can, whether it be doing the dishes, vacuuming, or just entertaining Micah for a few minutes.
21. His desire to work hard at everything he does. This man does not have a mediocre bone in his body!
{birthday high five!}
22. The way he loves his Momma and treats her with so much respect.
23. His insatiable desire to never live a life that is simply status quo or chasing the American dream. This challenges me to my very core.
24. His patience with me as I learn to let go of many of the earthly treasures that I so easily store up in my heart.
25. The way he can command the attention of an entire room, whether it's full of crazy elementary school kids or apathetic adults. He is certainly charming!
26. The way Micah smiles at him every single time she sees him. It melts my heart.
27. His fearlessness when it comes to trying new things. I am not very adventurous, but I love that about him!
28. The way he respects me, protects me, challenges me, encourages me, and loves me.
{love, love, LOVE these 2 faces!}

Happy Birthday, sweet love! Here's to another year full of seeking the Lord and hopefully rescuing some kids along the way. I love you, like a million!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Stacey!! I just love your 28th year birthday post. I love all of these things about him too of course, you just word them all so sweetly. I too am glad for the way the two of you have grown in Him and are always ready to follow Him, where ever He may lead! And as always, the way he loves you and Micah. Wasn't expecting to cry today....................love you! See you soon. Grandmommy xoxoxox

Angela said...

This is so, so sweet! I love it! Can't wait to see y'all soon! Love you three!