Tuesday, May 12, 2009

10 Weeks and First Mother's Day

I am 10 weeks pregnant today. I honestly can't believe it has already been that long! I was only about 4.5 weeks when we found out and to think that I am already 10 weeks is pretty crazy. Honestly, I have been very lucky as far as sickness goes, but I will not be sad to see the first trimester in my rearview mirror. I am looking forward to more energy and feeling a little more like myself again. When I consider the fact that a million little miracles are taking place in my body as this child is formed and grows, it is hard to complain about feeling a little crummy sometimes.
I have started taking pictures to track my baby bump over the next several months. I feel like I already have a little bump there, so I can only imagine what it will look like come November-YIKES!!! Here I am at 10 weeks.



On Sunday, I celebrated my first "Mother to Be" Day! My sister sent me a sweet card, and one of the ladies at church got me a journal to begin writing about my pregnancy! I honestly did not expect anything but knowing Chris Field, I should have known better. He surprised me with beautiful flowers, gum (which I chew almost nonstop these days because I cannot handle any kind of after taste), and the most precious card. He's such an amazing husband, and I can't wait to watch him as a father to our child!



I really had a great weekend. We finished painting all of the main rooms in our house, relaxed a little, met some neighbors in Rowlett, and enjoyed some great fellowship and worship on Sunday! I only have 4 more days left with all the kids in my classroom, and tomorrow is a field trip. It is going to be a busy couple of weeks, but I am ready! I better get going... my bed time is fast approaching!!!
Peace and Blessings...

4 comments:

Mom & Mimi said...

You are absolutely beautiful! I do see a widdle bitty baby bump & I'm smiling right back at you. : )
Lv Mommy
Mmmmm...such pretty roses Chris.

Hope and Justin said...

Oh I am soooo excited to see that you have started a blog!!

You BOTH are going to be such wonderful parents!!!

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months...well, what's left of it!! haha! I'm a lil late on that!

Lindsey said...

fun post! yay for a bump!!! love you!

Alison said...

i am so glad you have a blog now. it is wild to see you on this adventure! we are so happy for you guys. if 10 weeks seems to have gone by fast, just wait till you are looking that sweet thing in the face wondering where 9+ months went! looking forward to seeing you soon!